Inscribe the Word . . . December Scripture Writing Plan
Jesus is Born!
We come together this month to worship the newborn King; rejoicing in His birth. December is a wonderful month to reflect on the birth of Jesus and the events surrounding the day that changed our lives.
Last year, we Inscribed THE NAMES OF JESUS. This year, I wanted to focus on the events surrounding the birth of Christ. Not only those found in the New Testament, but also the prophesies of his birth found in the Old Testament.
As you Inscribe the Word this month, ask yourself a few questions . . . .
- How did Isaiah feel when the Lord told him a "virgin shall conceive"?
- What did Micah think when he was told that out of little, tiny, nothing-special Bethlehem, the Messiah would come?
- How did Elizabeth feel when her baby leaped in her womb at the site of the Messiah's earthly mother?
- What were the shepherds thinking when God chose the simplicity of these humble servants to announce the birth of The Great Shepherd?
- And could Mary and Joseph possibly conceive their role in salvations story?