The Ultimate "Amazing Grace" Playlist
As many of you know, worship is very dear to my heart. At the age of five I began playing the piano, and quickly found that worshipping the Lord with music is one of my greatest joys. Singing to the Lord while He sings over us. (Zephaniah 3:17) What could be greater?
To pour our love on Him, to acknowledge His majesty and power, to lift ourselves up as we lift Him up . . . that is worship. It isn’t about us. It is all about Him.
I believe that God’s grace is so evident in our worship. We can falter and fail, but when we lift our voices to worship Him, I believe His grace is poured out on us in great abundance.
Just look at David. Poor David was a mess!
He had many successes, but he also constantly failed. He was an adulterer and a murderer. His kids were a nightmare! His son Amnon raped his half-sister. His other son Absolom killed his brother Amnon because of the horrific act. Solomon, David’s sixth son had Adonijah, David’s fourth son, executed after he tried to get David’s throne!
You could look at David’s parenting skills and say, “Compared to him, I am doing a great job!”
And yet, in spite of all of David’s shortcomings, God looked at David and said, “There is a man after my own heart”. (1 Samuel 13:14 and Acts 13:22)
How is David a man after God’s heart?
I believe it is because David was a worshipper. David tells us his life story in the book of Psalms. He is transparent and vulnerable in the arms of the Lord. Despite his many failures, his heart continually pointed to the Lord. In return, he was clothed in the Grace of God.
Through his worship, he asked for forgiveness, he remained humble, he continually gave thanks, he gave all glory and honor to the Lord, he asked for guidance, he prayed for others, he worshipped God for who He was not only for what He did, and he was committed to following the Lord all the days of his life.
David was a walking example of God’s Amazing Grace.
David did not see grace as a license to sin. David knew that God’s grace covered him when he failed. It did’t give him an excuse to sin.
Like all of us, David failed at points in his life. But he was wrapped in God’s amazing grace. God’s grace gave him the strength to go on even after he messed up. God’s grace gives you the strength to go on after you mess up. It also gives you the tools to learn whatever lesson you need to in order to never go back to where you were.
Worship and grace go hand-in-hand as we can see through David’s life.
I have compiled this list of grace-filled worship songs to help you as you learn to embrace the grace of God in your life. May you lift your voice as you sing these beautiful songs.
You may be in your car. You may be waiting for your kids at soccer practice. You may be cooking dinner for your family. You may be studying for an exam. You may be at work. Wherever you may be right now, I pray that this music goes deep into your heart. I pray that the words inspire you to lift Him up as He lifts you up.
I pray that as you worship, you are filled with the gift of grace. I pray that as you worship, you feel His presence and receive His amazing grace.
- Amazing Grace by Il Divo.
- Grace by Laura Story.
- Broken Vessels (Amazing Grace) by Hillsong.
- Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) by Michael W. Smith.
- Your Grace Finds Me by Matt Redman.
- Grace to Grace by Hillsong.
- He Looked Beyond My Faults and Saw My Need by Steve Adetumbi.
- I Lift My Hands by Chris Tomlin.
- If Not For Your Grace by Israel Houghton.
- Your Grace Still Amazes Me by Phillips, Craig, and Dean.
- Hallelujah by Hillsong.
- Come Thou Fount by Chris Tomlin
- 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus by Dorinda Clark-Cole.
- Grace by Michael W. Smith.
- Grace so Glorious by Elevation Worship.
- Scandal of Grace by Hillsong United.
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus (Look Up) by Nichole Nordeman.
- Grace Like Rain by Todd Agnew.
- Grace Like a Wave by Elevation Worship.
- At the Foot of the Cross by Kathryn Scott.
- You are My Strength by Hillsong.
- He Giveth More Grace by Don Moen.
- Saved By Grace by Israel Houghton.
- How He Loves by Kim Walker-Smith.
- Yes and Amen by Nate Moore.
I hope and pray that these songs inspire you to live a grace-filled life. I pray that as you worship, you draw near to Jesus as He draws near to you.